Easy Summer Lunch
Words and recipes Sophie Hansen from Local is Lovely .
Photography Clancy Job .
The Muhammara Dressing is a recipe from the #17 Summer Graziher issue , from the “Easy Summer Lunch” feature.
On the menu:
- Toasts with Adobe Butter and Quick Pickled Cucumber
- Warm Lamb with Pistachio Crumb and Whipped Feta
- Muhammara Dressing with Crunchy Salad
- Sponge With Rose Syrup and Strawberries (Graziher 5th Birthday Cake)
Find the above recipes in the #17 Summer issue .
Muhammara Dressing and Crunchy Salad
This is basically just my favourite, Muhammara dip loosened up with a little extra olive oil and turned into a dressing. The dip would also be beautiful with the lamb shoulder instead of or as well as the feta!
- 1 x 250g jar roasted red capsicums
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Drain the red capsicums and place in the bowl of a food processor, add remaining ingredients and pulse until you have a rough paste consistency. Check the taste, adjust so it’s to your liking and either serve or keep in the fridge.
For the dressing, place a couple of tablespoons of the dip in a jar and add about 3 tbsp olive oil and a little extra lemon juice. Shake to combine well, add a little water if you think it needs thinning out even more then toss with crunchy cos or iceberg lettuce.